08 April 2003

this is the place
Wow, someone (namely, Michelle) actually found this blog. I wasn't even ready for a real debut, yet.

Michelle was the one who provided the argument that finally pushed me off the blogging fence. She pointed out that if I had a blog, I wouldn't have to type individual messages to my friends to let them know what's going on in my life. I'd only have to type once.

I guess this is the point in the blog where I'm supposed to express my hopes and fears for this thing. I haven't yet decided what's going to go on this page. I just hope that it becomes interesting reading.

I have three fears (that I'm thinking of right now, anyway):
1) That my family finds this. If they do, I'll just die.
2) That I could be haunted forever by what I put on this page. Some unecessarily rude statements, first impressions or dumb mistakes never die and can never be retracted. But, the only solution for that is to be credible enough so people can forgive my trespasses. I have the sinking feeling that there might be a lot in my past to forgive. For the record: I feel like shit about all of them.
3) That my bosses ever find this page. This is for obvious (and some not-so-obvious) reasons. Like hell I'm gonna post here what paper I work for. My bosses can do research, too....

No comments: