Time for another installment of five-second theater, when:
1) I provide a line from a play, a movie, a song lyric, or from somewhere else in life.
2) You create compelling drama in four lines of dialogue or less. Stage direction and scene-setting is encouraged.
3) Deadline is 7 p.m. Pacific Time Friday.
I had an idea for this week's installment of five-second theater, but I switched gears after the death last week of Gregory Peck. I know that most people remember him as Atticus Finch, but I never saw To Kill a Mockingbird. I never liked the book, so I never had a great desire to its adaptation.
Instead, I'll use a quote from that critical and commercial failure of a movie, Moby Dick, an adaptation of one of my favorite books. Though many people couldn't accept Gregory Peck as a villain, I didn't suffer from that prejudice, and I think that he brought dignity to one of literature's best madmen, Captain Ahab.
So, this week's installment of five-second theater is this:
CAPTAIN AHAB: To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee! Ye damned whale!
My boyfriend points out that this does not really need a response, which might be true. But, I don't care. That makes your job more interesting, I think. And, saying this line out loud is just so much fun. Saying it at work is especially satisfying.
No comments:
Post a Comment