Welcome to the first installment of five-second theater. For our inaugural game, I've got a line from The Princess Bride. The scene: The Man in Black faces Vizzini, a mercenary specializing in starting wars who has kidnapped the Princess Buttercup. The Man in Black has defeated Vizzini's hired help, a master swordsman and a giant, and now faces the mastermind in a battle of wits to the death.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this:
OK. Your turn. You take over and finish this scene in three lines or less. Make it serious or comedy, it's up to you. Deadline is 9 p.m. Thursday, Pacific Time.
Thank you for participating in five-second theater!
No comments:
Post a Comment