Say whatever you like about Wal-Mart's corporate editing policies (scroll down to access story, transcript will be available at WNYC next week). But at least the company doesn't have an iron public relations grip that terrifies store managers into saying nothing to reporters, unlike some grocers I could mention.
It was a good week in journalism. For me, anyway. (I'm guessing Judith Miller's week was a little bit more uncomfortable.) I wrote much of the text for a couple front-page extravaganzas (which took up about one-and-a-half broadsheet pages each), and I even managed to write other stories as well. AP even picked from one of my front-page extravaganzas -- which had illustrations, photos, one of what The Onion calls an infographic, a 28-column inch Q&A and a 14-inch story.
They rewrote it into 6.3 inches. That's about 12 or 13 sentences.
Still, it's nice to have something in hand that makes me feel like I know what I'm doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment