09 July 2003

five-second theater: alive!
Well, I lived through the first part of my work assignment. I am very likely to get through the second part (which is writing the damn thing), and so, you all get another round of five-second theater. You remember the rules: finish this dialogue in five lines or fewer. Or was it four lines? Shit, it's almost 2 in the morning, and I can't remember. Anyway, here's the dialogue to finish, from the movie The Knack... and How to Get It. I'll have to wax rhapsodic about this movie at a later time.

TOLAN: Have you something to say, Colin?
COLIN (Hiding his face from Tolan's GIRL): It was merely a comment. This is neither the time nor the place!
TOLAN: Got a woman yet, Colin?
(GIRL giggles)
COLIN: I knew you would say that.
TOLAN (To GIRL): Shut up. (To COLIN) Shall I show you, Colin? Shall I advise you? Women like to be dominated.

OK, so now what happens? Tell us all in my guestbook before Friday at 7 p.m. Pacific time. Good luck, everyone. Oh, and if anyone has a suggested line for five-second theater, feel free to let me know.

No comments: