12 October 2003

rewrite theater: we have a winner!
Well, it seems that even in a friendly audience, Michael Penn can't escape his family. Poor dude. About half of you mentioned his illustrous relatives. And so did this week's Proud Winner of Pride, Mike, for capturing the spirit of a show that I actually attended in the Other Big City that I live close to. Michael Penn didn't actually walk out, but the audience was actually this rude. (He took questions while restringing his guitar, and someone yelled, "Did Madonna smell?") The Other Big City has one more chance from me, and if they're always like this I'm relying on my Main Big City for my entertainment needs.
MICHAEL PENN: Revelation is information! It's a cover up! You cover up! A cover up!
DRUNKEN AUDIENCE GUY: Nooooo Myyyyyyth!
SEAN PENN: Hey, I know that song!
MICHAEL PENN: That's it, I'm leaving.
Congratulations, Mike, who I'm sure has seen his share of rude show goers. And everyone, thanks for playing and go buy Resigned because it's hella cool. Come back Wednesday, for our next installment of rewrite theater!

No comments: