22 December 2003

reading your mind....
Just for fun, I took the IQ test that Michelle mentions in her blog. Because I don't believe that IQs measure anything real, I'm not going to post what I got. But I do find it a little eerie how it nailed my mental picture of polyglot Michelle: an "Insightful Linguist." Here's how it described me:
We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.
This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others รข€” and at anticipating and predicting patterns.
Forget the score -- I want to know how that computer program figured out that it could flatter me with a Plato comparison. Don't tell me someone figured out an algorithm for flattery. Now that is truly scary.

No comments: