21 January 2004

we got a winner! and this week's rewrite theater....
The real reason why I judge rewrite theater week after week is that it would be too damn hard for me to play. That's why I admire those of you who manage to come up with these great answers every week. If my comments are still up (grumble grumble), check out the other entries, too. They're all great.

But, I do have to choose among them, and coming out on top this week is Bet!

PASSENGER: Well, today I die. It's someone's time to die, and they're on my flight.
PASSENGER IN 25B: [thrusting out hand] Hi, Bobby Beaman, doomed guy. Glad to meet you.
PASSENGER: Oh, so you're him. Well, it's been a good life. I guess we'll go together. I just don't fancy ending it all in a diving, mangling, ball of fire.
GOD, SITTING IN SEAT 26A: [leaning forward and smiling] Please, no need to worry about that.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT: [cheerily] Now serving today's lunch, salmon croquettes!
Congratulations, Bet! Thanks to everyone who played. I hope you all play again this week, and I can't wait to read your entries.

Now, for this week's contest, I'm going to celebrate the coming of my Amazon.com order. I'm going to let you guess what I got:

3000: Lend me some sugar! I AM your neighbor!
Deadline at 7 p.m. next Monday folks (Pacific time, of course). Good luck!

No comments: