I don't have time to comment on this, but here's Nick Hornby's lament over the split between good pop music and fun pop music. He also mentions OutKast. I like this guy.
I'm willing to go on the record with this comment, so there. I read this the other day, and I'm glad you brought it up again. I was in Target today and the video for the Darkness came on. I'm sure they think they're either hip or ironic, but I couldn't help thinking, "Isn't both this song and this video an outtake for Spinal Tap?" It really is that bad.
3 comments:
I'm willing to go on the record with this comment, so there. I read this the other day, and I'm glad you brought it up again. I was in Target today and the video for the Darkness came on. I'm sure they think they're either hip or ironic, but I couldn't help thinking, "Isn't both this song and this video an outtake for Spinal Tap?" It really is that bad.
There is a band called The Darkness? That's gotta be the second coming of Spinal Tap.
Hey, leave The Darkness alone! They're fun!
Mike
Post a Comment