I don't watch that much TV, but when I do, I make it count. So, why watch those 30 second commercials (you know, the ones that the programs are built for anyway), when I can just have marketing piped directly to my head in the form of informercials.
Yes, something has surpassed my fondness for watching Daisy Fuentes' strangely stiff expressions and Chef Tony's Sim-recipes. I've only caught the tail end of the Alexis Vogel makeup system, and already, it's surpassed them all. Ms. Vogel (so we are told) is responsible for inventing Pamela Anderson Lee's Bratz doll look (aka, the sex kitten look) and for making Kelly Clarkson look sexy. The best part of the infomercial is when a not-ugly makeup-free woman is made over to look like a porn actress and she starts to exult over how powerful she feels. I love that. It's simultaneously disquieting and amusing-- two great tastes that taste great together, as they say. (Actually, I get my makeup tips from a real porn star, who was nice enough to put it online without charging $90 for it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment