21 June 2004

Those are two different songs?

Finally, a source of confusion cleared up, from the kings of teenage-dirge-pop.

5 comments:

Lily said...

It's not that bad -- same cadence, but not exactly identical. I can't believe that the first song has been out since 2001. I thought it just SEEMED like forever that it was out.

Now, if you want to play "name that ripoff", you have to go through the Oasis albums, especially "What's the Story, Morning Glory" -- we used to play "name that Beatles song" with it. It's uncanny...

stennie said...

The same is true for Andrew Lloyd Weber. You listen to any Andrew Lloyd Weber cast album and I guaran-damn-tee you, you can sing any given song from Jesus Christ Superstar right along with it.

bitterspice said...

I forgot to mention in my blog it's the same as being able to sing any random lyrics by The Fixx to any random tune by The Fixx.

Bet said...

I used to say that about Tom Petty.

But damn, this Nickelback thing makes me crack up.

Krizzer said...

That is hillarious!