The Franz Ferdinand CD makes me feel like I'm 17 again, when I was just discovering all those late-70s and early 80s mod bands in the mid-90s. The album even has that late 70s thumping one-two beat (or "disco," if you insist). It does have that retro sound that's ubiquitous now, but it sounds original, rather than an ironic homage. And yet, I am old enough to realize that Franz Ferdinand is sort of a silly band name. The Amazon.com
editorial reviewer sounds almost apologetic for liking this album, but that shouldn't make you embarrased to buy it. ("It's too early yet to tell if this is just a band for the moment or one for the ages--but who really cares with pop music, anyway?" Dude, stop bellyaching and just dance.)
Oh, for the days when I really truly believed that life could be both fun and edgy. Actually, I still believe that.
I also picked both this album up and the new Modest Mouse album for less than $25 total, so I really felt nostalgic for the good old days of the 1990s....
No comments:
Post a Comment