09 October 2004

election articles

NPR's article on people who were screened out of Bush rallies is a well-reported angle on what I think is a commonly heard story, and I don't think that just because of its topic. I especially love the interview from the guy from Wisconsin.

On the other hand, Salon's take on the "mystery bulge" from Bush's jacket the first debate night was poorly reported and relied too much on rumor and innuendo. Bush "reportedly dyslexic?" Where does the author get off using the phrase "reportedly?" I guess that sounds more authoritative and non-British tabloidy than the phrase "whom partisans speculate to be dyslexic." The New York Times, with its usually uncritical coverage of the Bush campaign, does a much better job with the same story.

3 comments:

Lily said...

It wasn't a prompter, it was the mind control device from the Red Lectroids from Planet Ten. Kerry's is hidden in his chin.

Anonymous said...

You know one would think that radio would be the way to "enjoy" the debates, not having to look at Kerry's hangdog look and W's bullyboy goofyass sneer. I found out Friday that's not the case.

Is there professional help for my problem?

bitterspice said...

I don't know. Who are you, Anonymous?