24 February 2005

for worse

Judging by this week's For Better or For Worse, Lynn Johnston seems to be reverting back to the start of her strip, with Deanna sitting in for the young Elly. Johnston attempts to shake things up by slipping a "pecker" into the strip. We are really far from the days when Grandpa Jim eloped with Iris and got busy.

Warmed-over topics? Gratuitous, "Friends"-like double-entendres? I just hope this doesn't mean that Johnston (who plans to retire soon, anyway) is running out of ideas for our favorite Canadian family. I guess everyone can have a bad week.

1 comment:

Lily said...

I thought I had already commented on this, but either I ate it, or Blogger wasn't working before.

I give you credit for still even looking at FBOFW. It was never VERY readable, but it's been unbearable for years. I think the birth of April was the beginning of the end.

Although I'm sure she's richer than we are.