14 March 2005

"personal reasons"

I know that I should use my blog for good and not for evil, but I found this Associated Press story on the departure of American Idol finalist Mario whateverhisnameis the most amount of effort I've ever seen on a non-story. Not that I blame the writer, I've been asked to do those non-stories myself on occasion.

So you don't have to subject yourself to reading about it, basically the ex-contestant dodges the questions --- obviously because the reporter probably couldn't figure out why anyone should give a shit --- and keeps citing "personal reasons" as his reason for leaving the show. He says:

"I don't think it's by any means an end to my career," he said. "It's just things you need to take care of in life .... I will always be singing. This won't be the last you hear of Mario Vazquez."
He was probably freaking out over his taxes. Maybe AI doesn't provide accountants.

I don't/can't watch American Idol --- I don't have a TV --- but I keep up with my friend's AI blog at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Rodney watches American Idol, so you don't have to. And people say newspapers don't provide a service.

1 comment:

Bet said...

See, I think Mario left to get out from under the American Idol contract. I think someone offered him a better deal. This was strengthened when he appeared on Letterman the next night and didn't appear to have any "personal problems." Then I read where he got the same lawyer who got Clay Aiken out of his American Idol contract.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. I know too much about this show. I do. I wish I didn't.

Bet