A
guy in Oklahoma invented the Fox Blocker, a little doodad to attach to your TV cable that would block the Fox "News" Network. Since I don't have TV, Fox "News" always is a terrible shock whenever I do get a chance to see it. That channel always looks like it's trying to attack me, with those news alerts and those screaming, shrieking paranoid newsreaders. I can only believe that those who are under its spell are masochists. I personally have always responded to bullies by convincing myself that they don't exist --- and you can see that quite worked well for me in high school.
It seems like you could spend less than $8.95 to remove Fox from your cable (with a modern TV, you can just block it for free, but maybe they don't have those in Oklahoma), but I've spent more money on sillier things. I'd link to the guy's page, but it seems to be down at the moment.
Just as a side note, my Fox-loving aunt is always asking me to do things like program her VCR, reprogram her TV, etc. It has been so tempting to block Fox on her TV. I love power.
1 comment:
You know, it's funny you should mention good old Fox News. I'd never seen that network, and of course, when I say "never" I mean I saw about 20 minutes of Bill O'Reilly about 2 years ago and that was enough for me. But I'd never seen them "reporting news."
Last night I was up in the wee hours smoking and scratching my head, and I was out of stuff to watch, and for some godforsaken reason - fate, maybe? - I turned over to Fox.
Holy shit. They broadcast religious stuff like it's news! And when they went to a commercial, there was a moving graphic with a lily and the cross and it said, "He is risen."
I mean, can they DO that?
Post a Comment