31 August 2005

Countdown Survey. Doo dah. Doo dah.

I got tagged by Michelle a few weeks ago, but I was a little reluctant to do this meme because I didn't want to name my top 10 friends. I think I figured out a way around it, though, and it's my blog and I'll do what I want! These are in no particular order --- number 1 usually jumps out at me, but the rest are in no particular order. So, here's my version of the Countdown Survey:

The Countdown Survey

10 bloggers/blogs you read:
10. Pinoy Cook
9. Romenesko's Media News
8. Romenesko's Starbucks Gossip (Does this man do anything else but blog?)
7. Bob
6. Tony
5. Lily
4. Michelle
3. Stennie
2. Bet
1. Jim

(Yeah, I'm an ass. I didn't put links. But they're all in my sidebar!)

9 of your favorite foods:
9. Buffalo wings
8. A soupy dish with chicken, sotanghon "glass" noodles, mushrooms, ginger and fish sauce that I thought I knew from my childhood, but no one else remembers this.
7. Pancit sotanghon
6. Sinigang
5. Onigiri
4. Broiled mackerel
3. Pinaupong manok
2. Most types of sushi
1. Adobo chicken wings

8 of your favorite movies:
8. The Matrix
7. Waking Life
6. Babette's Feast
5. The Graduate
4. The Princess Bride
3. Jackie Brown
2. Lost in Translation
1. Amadeus

7 of your favorite TV shows of all time:
7. Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals
6. The Simpsons
5. Nova
4. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
3. Siskel and Ebert (sorry, Richard Roeper)
2. America's Test Kitchen
1. Doctor Who

6 of your favorite songs:
6. Love and Anger - Kate Bush
5. Figment - Michael Penn
4. Wicked and Cruel - Squeeze
3. Lowdown - Boz Scaggs
2. Picadilly - Squeeze
1. Black Cow - Steely Dan

5 stores you shop:
5. Buffalo Exchange (a second-hand clothing store)
4. Powell's City of Books
3. Safeway
2. Red Light (a second-hand clothing store)
1. Fred Meyer

4 things you're afraid of:
4. can't think of a fourth thing, but I'm sure I'll think of one later
3. ugly confrontations (but my fear of this is diminishing)
2. success
1. failure

3 of your favorite artists/bands:
3. Kate Bush
2. Michael Penn
1. Squeeze

2 of your most prized possessions:
2. My degree in English literature
1. My degree in Philosophy

1 wish you always dreamed would come true:
1. That I found a sure-fire way to stop dreaming and start doing.


As usual, I don't have anyone left to tag but Tony and Jim. And so they can consider themselves tagged iffen they wanna.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. OK - the idea of 10 blogs was brilliant, and I'm crushed and jealous I didn't think of that first.

2. Rachael Ray! I'm not alone!

3. Babette's Feast is my number one of all time "makes me want to eat everything in sight" movie.

Bet

Anonymous said...

9-4. Are you sure you didn't mean "saba shioyaki" when you said "broiled mackerel"?

7-7. I am suspicious of Rachael Ray. There is something wrong with that woman, yet I do not know what.

6-1. Funny, that song reminds me of a semi-main street I live near...

I decline to be tagged, probably because I couldn't/wouldn't fill out half of these lists.

bitterspice said...

Bet:
1) There's nothing stopping you from doing a top ten blogs, too. Everyone can join the fun!

3) And Tampopo! How the hell did I forget Tampopo!

Tony:
9-4: Actually, I've never had saba shioyaki. I always see it on the menu at restaurants and want to order it, but never do for some reason. I was instead thinking of my family sticking a whole mackerel (with head and all) on a grill or under a broiler. Yum!

6-1: Get out of here!

bitterspice said...

PS

Tony: It's OK if you decline the tag. This was a hard meme.

Anonymous said...

6-1: Get out of here!

Let's try that again, this time with more New York accent, and a bit more nasal.

Lily said...

Another America's Test Kitchen fan! I love that show, and the magazine is nifty too.

I'm with whoever said that there's something very off about Rachael Ray. Her and Giada De Laurentis. Something demonic and podlike about them both.