Got tagged by Bet for another meme. It's about sin, so it looks like fun. I still hate the word meme, but I guess it's here to stay. How long can I fight reality? (Some might argue that I'm trying to find out.)
The Seven Deadly Sins
Anger
1. Who did you last get angry with? I should say a spokesman with a certain international company, but really, arguing with him is just part of the game that is my fun job. So, I'd have to say my boyfriend, but I forgot about it until you brought it up just now. Thanks.
2. What is your weapon of choice? An insult. I'm not particularly good at them, but I like them.
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? Yes, but only if they were threatening my person.
4. How about of the same sex? Same answer
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you? I try to stay pretty oblivious to these sorts of things. Maybe my boss?
6. What is your pet peeve? I used to get annoyed at "memeticists." These are really fashionable academics who study the evolution of culture as if it were like natural selection --- as if culture "memes" could be passed along in discrete units, much like genes are passed along in natural selection. But while we can prove that genes exist, memeticists never come up with proof that memes really exist and they act as if they don't need to prove it. So, I am really pleased that bloggers are corrupting the concept. Ha!
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily? I don't keep grudges.
Sloth
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a while? Make a to-do list for the next day.
2. What is the latest you've ever woken up? Noon.
3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't? Only one person? If you're reading this, this probably includes you.
4. What is the last lame excuse you made? My daily mantra: I'll do it tomorrow.
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through (one of the long ones)? I ::heart:: infomercials. Especially the Magic Bullet one.
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in? That sound was the sound of me falling off my chair, laughing.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today? I actually don't use an alarm clock.
Gluttony
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? 16 ounce, iced, non-fat mocha. And bottled water, but you should see the color of the water that comes out of my tap.
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat? I like my meat dark. Like my men.
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event? I lived in England for a while, and I remember one party where I drunk a lot, but obviously not enough if I still remember it.
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company? No.
5. Do you have an issue with your weight? No. Apparently, according to Flipsy and Stennie, I am one of the few American women who don't have an issue with this. I wish I were more active, though, but that's not the same thing.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods? I like salty, savory foods.
7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought "LUNCH"? Of course.
Lust
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)? About 12.
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)? About 16.
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation? No.
4. Have you "done it?" Am I a goer? Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean? Yes.
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice? A man's chest. I like all male body parts, though.
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute? I have been propositioned AS a prostitute.
7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy? Yes.
Greed
1. How many credit cards do you own? Two, but I only carry one.
2. What's your guilty pleasure store? Fred Meyer.
3. If you had 1 million dollars, what would you do with it? Invest it so it gets at least 3 percent a year ($30,000), and see if I can work part time or be a freelancer, so I can participate in more sloth.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous? Rich.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks? Hell, NO.
6. Have you ever stolen anything? Only MP3s.
7. How many MP3's are on your hard drive? Not very many.
Pride
1. What's one thing you have done that you're most proud of? Began a career as a reporter.
2. What's one thing you have done that your parents are most proud of? I don't know. Probably being able to live completely on my own for six months while being unemployed.
3. What's one thing you would like to accomplish in your life? Living in a foreign country again.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? Nope.
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill knowing you were of much higher skill than the other competitors? Nope.
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score? Yes, but the last time that happened, I was in seventh grade. It was a math placement test. I was then plunked into the second half of a math program and then honestly got one of the higher scores in the class, so it was perhaps not worth cheating on.
7. What did you do today that you're proud of? I blogged today!
Envy
1. What item (or person) of your friend's would you most want to have for your own? I can't think of an item that I covet.
2. Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with? I'm not sure what this question means or what this has to do with envy.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be? No one.
4. Have you ever been cheated on? Not that I know.
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own? I wish I were taller.
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself? Drive.
7. Do you wish you'd come up with this survey? Not really.
And finally, what is your favorite deadly sin? Isn't it obvious? I live for sloth, and for that I am truly ashamed. How strange that this meme came around, because I am truly trying to change that.
As for my tags, I'd like to I to see Jim and Tony do this. And Mike the blogless, but we can't always have what we want.
Time to read
5 years ago
3 comments:
First re: the word "meme," I still hate the word "blog," but it's clearly not going anywhere, so I'm getting used to it.
Re: Gluttony #5 (not to be confused with "Mambo #5" by Lou Bega), you must be the exception that proves the rule, and now I have a new envy: I'm envious of Bitterspice's ability not to have issues with her weight.
I find it interesting that not one person has chosen "famous" over "rich". And if I were to do this meme, I would also be one of the herd.
That's because we're all adults. Only children want fame more than they want money.
And there should be a song called "Gluttony #5." Not to be confused with "Love Potion #9."
Post a Comment