Actually, I have blogged! I just do it on The Squeeze Reader and with three active ex-members of Squeeze, the blogging has been pretty regular there lately. That is the problem, I guess, when you have a blog with a mission statement --- the bloggage is relentless.
The past few weeks have not been conducive to blogging. Two weeks ago, I found myself writing a lot of stories for the paper I work for and I discovered that there is such a thing as being sick of typing. For a few days, I couldn't stand hearing the clicking of keyboard keys. Then last week, I was engrossed with writing a Sunday centerpiece story, which was not, as you might have reasonably assumed, "Are We Prepared?" It was interesting that our paper bucked what every other newspaper in the country did for their front-page Sunday cover stories. I won't tell you what it was about, in keeping with trying to maintain my employer's ignorance of this blog.
My personal life has also been pretty career-oriented lately. (With many many apologies to Jim.) I'm simultaneously looking for a job and trying to gather my stuff to apply to graduate school. We'll see what shakes out first. While that might make for interesting reading --- I, for one, have been obsessed with reading about careers and grad school --- my experiences so far haven't been the stuff of interesting writing. So, I haven't.
But, for my loyal public, I will try to blog more.
Time to read
5 years ago
1 comment:
Of course we're prepared. I'm told on good authority that the government has bought a million jillion rolls of duct tape and some plastic sheeting. We're good to go!
Post a Comment