I guess I should be so lucky that I have a job that results in my having busy days. No time for fooling around. No time for idle Internet surfing. I feel so lucky to have a job that requires so much.
Today I covered a neo-Nazi rally and a counter protest, and then followed up with covering a Seahawks party. A weird day? Not for me, it ain't. Thank goodness there wasn't any real news, like a cow catching on fire (which I have actually written a story about).
But.... but there is no but! I feel so fortunate to have fallen into a job that is so much fun (if a little exhausting). I am fully aware that journalism is something that people try hard to break into, and not always for the best reasons. But now I think I finally love my profession for the right reasons to love it. And while I bitched A LOT about my last job, I have to admit that was the place where I learned the music, instead of just reading the notes. Please pardon a strained metaphor written at way past my bed time.
Time to read
5 years ago
1 comment:
Actually sounds like a surreal day, if a bit disconcerting. And I do know about exhausting jobs that are fun and leave you time for little else.
Look when i'm replying to this message....
Post a Comment