For the first time in a really really long time, I slow-cooked a meal from scratch. It's only poached chicken with onions, celery and carrots (chosen for my ability to have it cook while I'm doing something else) but damn, that lovely chicken soup makes me feel like a real human being for the first time in months.
2 comments:
HA! I did that for the first time in ages only this weekend. Chicken Chili. Very good, but boy, isn't doing that expensive?
Hm. At least in my experience, it's less expensive for me to cook my own meals. Maybe I use cheaper ingredients, like carrots and onions, which are pretty darn cheap? The only real problem is cooking so much of something that I get sick of it before the week is out. But with stuff like poached chicken soup (to which I added macaroni noodles this week, but sometimes I add dumplings or rice), I usually don't get sick of that.
Post a Comment