I got power back by Sunday morning, more than 48 hours after the power died on Thursday night. I didn't have to suffer through most of the freezing cold and darkness of the windstorm, thanks to the boyfriend, though driving around the city where I live was a bitch. Before I left home Saturday, I noticed that the downstairs neighbor was sitting in his idling car for 20 minutes at a time to warm up. The weird thing is that people who live across the parking lot in the same apartment complex had power by Friday morning.
However, when I got back, it turned out my toilet tank had frozen and now has a crack, leaving lovely pools of water on the bathroom floor. The landlord has been alerted, but hasn't fixed it yet. I don't really have a problem since I can always use the community toilets in the apartment club house. I think that fate is targeting someone, though, and it may be the guy downstairs.
Time to read
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment