02 August 2007

don't know much about history?

This post serves two purposes: one is was just a way to push down the posts, so that the first thing that people see when they get to this blog is NOT two animated gifs.

The second is to just make an observation. As some of you know, I love the Lovin' Spoonful as much as, if not more than, the next guy, especially when we see clips like this:

And this:

And while I would have loved to see them perform live, I don't understand the people on YouTube who make comments like, "Life was so cool in the 1960s and early 70s." Or "Why couldn't I have been born in the 1950s, so I could enjoy this music?"

I guess it should be a good thing that people these days have no clue about the draft, or about the threat of nuclear annihilation? Well, maybe all that stuff made the music good, I don't know...

No comments: