It's been a while since I've published anything to the blog. I suppose that Twittering and FBing have taken the place of the pithy little updates that I (never) used to post here regularly. It would be way easier to manage if I merged my different online identities. I suppose there isn't any harm at this point in merging them. I have no deep dark secrets, which is a bit of a shame, really. I should embrace the brave new online world. Deep dark secrets are so 20th century, anyway.
So, an update: about a week after my last posting, I decided to take the plunge and move back to Seattle, which I am in the midst of doing. I am also taking on a huge commute in order to do this. But I was tired of going it basically alone in Lacey, after most of my friends and many of my colleagues have left our workplace in the past year and are leaving --- or have left --- town. Since I would rather spend most of my free time with friends and family in Seattle, instead of in Lacey managing a lonely household, I decided now is a good time as any to move. I think I was just tired of spending so much of my free time planning what to pack for a weekend away.
I am moving back to the family home base --- my aunt's home in Seattle, where I haven't lived for about 10 years. This makes it financially feasible for me to commute about an hour each way. I think everyone is happy with the arrangement so far. We'll revisit this again in about six months, when the commute is a little more rainy than it is now.
I marvel a little at all the little things I have to try to coordinate as I make this move. I am a little unsure of how I managed in the past to move everything relatively seamlessly within a few weeks. I think it was easier in the past, when all I had to do was fill out forms. Now, I feel like I've spent countless hours on Web sites trying to move Internet service, mail service, all the little bills and accounts that will come with me. I'm starting to get bogged down in the details, even though I know everything will work out in the end.
Time to read
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment