"another one bites the dust"
That's what Mike said, upon hearing that I actually had a blog. Though I sat on the fence for a while, I didn't take into account how much responsibility goes into maintaining this. Apparently, I'm not updating often enough for most of you folks, since I'm not linked to anyone but Michelle's blog. And maybe I'd have a better idea of how many people were actually reading this thing if I had a comments section. (Which will come as soon as I find a comments provider I'm happy with. BlogOut doesn't work for me, for some reason.)
Still, I don't know how ready I am for all the accoutrements that all the rest in my blogging circle embrace-- like iMood, Weatherpixie, Stennie's cat. I'm cowed by the amount of upkeep all those services require. (And anyway, doesn't this page load up nice and fast?)
So, the two impulses fight within (only two? I know some of you are asking). I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, but I know to keep you coming, I have to be ambitious and aim high. Look at Salon, as my boyfriend calls it, the Warren Zevon of Web sites. Even if it folds, I think that people will remember it fondly years from now, if only for its brazen ambition and its unexplainable hipness.
Still, those of you who know me already know that mere correspondence seems to be above my capabilities. I would say it's because of my neurotic belief that no one wants unsolicited opinions thrust upon them, but I'm sure that's just an excuse for not writing. So, shall we see how long can I keep shouting into the void?
With this in mind, the site will remain simple. For now.
And another thought, when will my entries stop being so self-referential? So, far, this has been, like, way too post-modern for me.
Time to read
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment