30 April 2003

the chicken or the egg?
"OK," you might be wondering, "when do you get to the PROJECT part of the bitterspice project, bitterspice?" Well, I have no way of guaging how many people read this blog, so I've been reluctant to start my experimentations, or, as Andre Breton might call it, mes recherches. And, I royally fucked up a chance to plug my site while judging Bet's kick ass Acro Monday. I'm apparently not cool enough to be listed in her blogrolling list. Not that I'm looking.

But, I guess it's high time to give people a reason to come here already. I suppose we better have a dry run at how this is going to work. So here we go:

field notes for the bitterspice project
Everyone has a theme song: signature pieces that follow them around wherever they go. It's the one that they set their beat to. Sometimes I wish I knew music well enough that I could read other people's theme songs in the tempo of their normal walk.

The one that plays in my head most often is a college marching band rendition of "Land of a Thousand Dances." It plays at the most mundane of times, as I drive down the street to get from activity to activity. In fact, it seems to function like that piece of sitcom music over that boring shot of the character silently walk down the street and into a building.

I am unsure of the bad-ass merits of a marching band version of "Land of a Thousand Dances." What, o both my readers, would make a more appropriate theme song for the bad-ass woman that I hope to become?

No comments: