domestic sub-goddessness
It is almost 2 a.m. here in bitterspiceland, and the fridge is full of food, and the sink is full of dirty dishes. Dinner was baked chicken in a lemon and wine sauce (this dish has a name, but I forgot it) and plain gemelli for the side dish. While I was standing around in the kitchen, I also quickly stewed some chicken pieces in soy sauce and vinegar for a quick Filipino dish -- perfect for lunch tomorrow or the next day if I had any rice.
The result of my efforts is a warm feeling of having too much delicious food that I'm going to be sick of in a week. I'm still trying to figure out how to use up the last of my Bolognese sauce. Bolognese on soft-boiled eggs with some generously buttered bread on the side? I've gotta get rid of it somehow.
It's way too late (early?) in the day to wax poetic on the nature of abundance, so it will have to suffice to say that this feels good, for the first few days of the leftovers, anyway.
Time to read
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment