Sorry about the lateness of the judging. I have issues with time, and unlike a lot of you, I can't really blog from work.
Anyway, we got three great entries this week. We had light-hearted comedy, dark comedy and violence. I'll leave it up to you which one was which.
This week's winner is, once again, Bet, who absolutely kicks ass, as if there were any doubt.
CHERRY OWEN: And then what did I do?
MRS CHERRY OWEN: And then you cried like a baby and said you were a poor drunk orphan with nowhere to go but the grave.
CHERRY OWEN: And what did I do next, my dear?
MRS CHERRY OWEN: Then you danced on the table all over again and said you were King Solomon Owen and I was your Mrs. Sheba.
CHERRY OWEN [softly]: And then?
MRS CHERRY OWEN: And then, THEN! You relieved yourself in Mrs Phipps-Portico's Iced Tea. All the while saying, "More lemon in yo' tea, ma'am?"
CHERRY OWEN [whimpering]: Was there more?
MRS CHERRY OWEN: Oh, there was more. Let's just say the Countess Romanek's dog will never walk the same way again.
CHERRY OWEN [now sniffling]: Oh, Mrs Cherry Owen. Can you ever forgive me?
MRS CHERRY OWEN: Forgive you?? It was the best time I've had in years!
This entry spoke to me. I was feeling generous of heart, because I just finished watching "Babette's Feast." You know how it goes. And also, Bet makes Mrs. Cherry Owen seem like someone I really want to get to know.
Anyway, this week's line is a shorter one, because I seem to get a buttload of entries with the shorter ones.
I actually choose the following line, the source of which will be obvious to some of you, because the guy never explained himself. Maybe I'm just thick, but I need an explanation.
Deadline is Monday noon-30 because I was so late, and because I'll probably be late again if I set the deadline on Friday. Good luck!
GUY: There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how. Cuz maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me. And after all, you're my wonderwall.
No comments:
Post a Comment