Years ago, during a charity auction in a newsroom, a copy editor outbid me on This is Blythe, a photography book that featured a strangely beautiful doll living a glamorous life in exotic locales, sort of like a six-inch version of Audrey Hepburn's characters. The copy editor was so eager to get the book because, she said, "She's living the life I want to lead."
How could I argue with that?
I stopped bidding on the book.
Now, I not only understand her, I know what she means. I've fallen in love at first sight with the girls in Junko Mizuno's Hell Babies. Dangerous but cute. Sweet in a scary way. Sexy and Asian. My kind of girl.
The puffy pink cover is perfect for bringing into bed, so I can dream about them. Perfect. I'm saving my allowance now.
By the way, I wonder what kind of traffic I'll get now since I typed in that description....
No comments:
Post a Comment