Aw, fuck. Just when you thought it was safe to fly again, instead of the drone of white noise, now we get to consume our free pack of pretzels and can of ginger ale to the music of 20 cell phone conversations. It'll be just like the bus, except louder. For some reason, being on an airplane seems to break down all defenses against screaming a running commentary into a phone as if it's a second track on a DVD. But, now we'll get no reprieve from the flight attendant.
"I'm getting on a plane! No. Yeah. A plane! We're in the runway! I'm putting my bag in the overhead bin and I'm sitting down! Now, I'm gonna buckle my seat belt. Actually, we're just sitting here and she's giving the safety thing. Yeah, we're taking off now. Uh-huh, the plane is going down the runway really fast...."
3 comments:
Great...just when we thought cell phone abuse cou;dn't get any worse!
One our flight back from Boston last month, I experienced cell phone abuse like I never have before. Once we landed, the instant they said it was ok to use your phone, this woman gets on her phone, starts and continues a very private conversation at full volume. We're all sort of trapped in the aisle, waiting for people to disembark so that we can do the same and this woman is carrying on about someone she knows who is now pregnant but still young and really has some hard decisions to make now and well, she may have to quit school and no, Lonnie doesn't know yet...on and on and on...it was so bad that like 4 strangers and myself were laughing at her right in front of the woman's face and she didn't even notice or, if she did, she didn't care. I just don't understand where common decency went...why must we all listen to your conversation?!
"...and the engine is pulling. Hey! There's a sputtering noise -- coolio! You should see the orange stuff out the window -- it reminds me of that campfire from band camp. Yup. Now there's some lights coming on...hey, could someone turn that loudspeaker off, I'm on the PHONE, dammit"
Flipsy, you could have offered advice: "She needs to leave that guy! He's a bum!"
Post a Comment