I can have very vivid dreams. I'm not sure if my dream this morning had anything to do with anything that happened to be on NPR (where my sexy clock radio is set to every morning), but it had everything to do with stuff I've been thinking of lately. So here it is:
I'm in a lab with two partners and we're experimenting with rocks gathered from a recent trip to the moon, that me and one of the lab partners had taken. We banter for a while, when someone comes in and mentions a lecture about the upcoming much ballyhooed --- and possibly fatal --- first manned trip to Mars. The astronauts who go probably won't come back. The lecture will explain how to get considered for the trip. The third lab partner mentions that Mars is something he's always wanted to see. My character in the dream said something like, "If there is something you've always wanted to do before you die, when you're alive is a good time to do it." (Did someone say that on NPR? Because I know that didn't come from me. And if felt scripted, not natural.... ) And the third lab partner stopped his moon rock experiment and went to the lecture. I turned to the second lab partner and asked why he didn't want to go to Mars. He said he'd already been to the moon and now he had other goals.
I think I'm trying to tell myself something.
Time to read
5 years ago
2 comments:
You've got to stop eating jalapenos right before bedtime,
I heard nothing of the sort on NPR this morning, or any other morning for that matter. I think you are trying to tell yourself to do something that you've always wanted to do - something cool and NPR worthy, but not fatal. Like that woodpecker in Arkansas that's getting NPR's attention. Maybe you are supposed to go search for him?
Post a Comment