29 May 2008

in perhaps the most counterintuitive move

In order to fit in more exercise into my life I bought a used television to aid working out at home. It was an older 19 inch tube TV that someone was selling for $15, and I’m using it with a DVD player that I already owned and had put away when my TV died about four years ago.

I didn’t necessarily want to own a TV. It was under the “would be nice” category, but I kept coming up with things I’d rather spend $300 on. I had been doing the workout DVDs on my laptop computer, but I didn’t like using the computer’s DVD player for only 20 minutes at a time. I’d looked into (ahem) copying the videos (ahem, for archival purposes) onto the hard drive, buying an external DVD player/writer, buying a small HD TV, etc. In the end, this was the simplest solution.

I, one of the least active people I know, carried it to the car, and up the stairs by myself. I must have done something right when lifting it, because I feel mostly fine today even though it was a bit of a struggle (mostly because of the bulk). So, if the TV dies, at least I can use it as a weight for lifting.

No comments: