14 June 2008

Well, I'll be....

So, today I was going to start over, go to Safeway and buy one of those large pots with already established herbs. I figured when the birds came to eat those, at least there would be some left for me.

I’ve been neglecting the plants on the balcony, because it’s been oddly overcast for summer, and there’s been quite a bit of rain. I figure the eaten basil plant and the sage plant are pretty much done for.

I went out to the dead basil pot, and it was pretty gross (just as I was expecting). The sage doesn’t show any signs of being better or worse than it was when I left it two weeks ago.

But as I considered the parsley and cilantro that I started two weeks ago - way too late for any kind of summer harvest, I saw… a flash of green?

Is it cilantro? Is it parsley? Is it a random weed that floated onto my balcony. I’m not sure. But here’s the pictorial evidence. I’m not sure what to do about it, since it seems to be doing just fine in my neglect.

No comments: