13 July 2008

Frozen bananas....

tastes just like ice cream. I always associated banana desserts with that fake cloying banana flavor, but this is nothing like that. It tastes sweet and cold and yummy and light, just like a good-quality, not too processed vanilla ice cream should.

I hold the whole human race responsible for not telling me this. I can't believe I went without frozen bananas for 31 years.

I'm convinced it's a conspiracy, just like the one to keep me from discovering sake. I was 20 years old and I lived in London. I ordered a sake at this restaurant on a rainy spring morning because I had never heard of sake. I sipped its warm, velvety happiness. Then I wondered whom to blame that there had been all this sake brewed for eons, and none shared with me before that moment.

(Hi, everyone. I hope to have a more interesting post soon.)

2 comments:

Bet said...

So is this just bananas, frozen? Nothing else? Mushed up or what? And they taste like ice cream? Does it matter if you don't like bananas at room temperature?

I must know these things!

bitterspice said...

Yep. Bananas cut up and out of the peel. That's all. It probably matters a lot if you don't like bananas at room temperature.

I also have come to love frozen seedless grapes. I popped them in the freezer so they could keep longer. Though if you freeze grapes, don't let them thaw, because they get really mushy.