01 August 2003

random links from the bitterspice project
The L.A. Times has an article and several beautiful recipes for one of my favorite dark meats, duck. Good food articles and well-written recipes make me believe that tho' I've never attempted to cook duck, I could if I wanted to. I did find myself momentarily shocked at the caloric content of duck, until I remembered that I don't believe in calories.

Also, goodbye, weirdo. I hope you take your Total Information Awareness and your terrorism futures-trading market with you. Spying on citizens? Betting on calamities? What country do you think this is? Who the hell did you think you worked for?

You know, until now, I never understood why some people are adamant that the world is controlled by a handful of people talking to each other in dark rooms.

Also, (no link, sorry) we've enjoyed three days of near-100 degree weather and a day of about 90-degree weather-- which surprised me by making me feeling better than I have been in a long time. It's an occasional treat for the cloudy weather I usually love. But, the gray does get old. I find out starting today, the first day of my weekend,the temperature will be about 78 degrees. Not bad, but a little bit of a letdown.

Yep, this post sure is random.

No comments: