09 September 2003

field notes: the people I meet on the job
I cold-called someone and walked into his office today to talk about a land development, and we ended up talking about self-fulfillment. What a strange interview. He told me that in order to fulfill my dreams, I would have to "reprogram my subconscious." He gave me the following steps to do so:
1) Write five goals on a piece of paper.
2) Read the piece of paper before going to bed, and tuck it under the pillow.
3) Get up in the morning, and look at the piece of paper and read the five things.
4) Do this for six months, and I will find myself doing things that will bring me closer to those goals.
I won't tell you what the goals are, and I might update and adapt this advice for the Palm Pilot, but it's so weird, I'm going to try it. Sometimes my job is so crazy, I can't help but love it.

No comments: